Home / FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is my credit card charged?
- How long will my order take to ship?
- Where is my order shipped from?
- What are your hours of operation?
- What methods of payment does Vanguard accept?
- I am not in the military, can I still purchase from you?
- I have a family member in the service, how can I find out what they've been awarded?
- Do all medals have ribbons?
- I am having issues adding products to my cart, is the website broken?
WHEN IS MY CREDIT CARD CHARGED?
All orders are charged immediately.Back to Top
HOW LONG WILL MY ORDER TAKE TO SHIP?
With the large volume of items we ship daily, it normally takes 3-5 working days before an order leaves the warehouse. Custom and personalized items may take an additional 7-10 working days. There are special circumstances in which we will try to expedite your order. When asking for special shipping, i.e. Overnight, Second or Third day, please keep in mind these are methods of shipping only. Orders still require 3-5 working days to process.
Please note: Expedited shipping methods are Business Days only and does not include weekends. Any items backordered will be shipped best way.Back to Top
WHERE IS MY ORDER SHIPPED FROM?
Most internet orders are shipped from Vanguard Industries located in California. Exceptions are Civil Air Patrol and most school orders, which ship from our offices in Norfolk, Virginia.Back to Top
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS OF OPERATION?
California Office Hours are Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm PST. Virginia office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm EST.
We are closed on Saturday and Sunday, all holidays, and the day after Thanksgiving.
Orders placed on weekends and after hours will be processed on the next business day.
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DOES VANGUARD ACCEPT?
To place an order online, we require a major credit card or a Paypal account. If you would like to pay by check or money order, please proceed to checkout and include a copy of your order with payment. Mail these to :
VANGUARD INTERNET ORDERS
2440 Impala Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92010
Civil Air Patrol orders should be mailed to :
VANGUARD CAP ORDERS
1172 Azalea Garden Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
Orders placed against an overseas bank may be held until the funds have cleared. Please include the appropriate shipping and sales taxes in your payment.
Back to Top
I AM NOT IN THE MILITARY, CAN I STILL PURCHASE ITEMS FROM YOU?
Absolutely, we are more than happy to provide items for collectors, family members and individuals who just like the quality of our product.Back to Top
I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER IN THE SERVICE, HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT THEY'VE BEEN AWARDED?
When your family member was released from the service, they will have been issued a form called the DD214. To get this form, you can Click Here.Back to Top
DO ALL MEDALS HAVE RIBBONS?
Yes, all medals have ribbons but not all ribbons have medals. For example, unit citations will be a ribbon only, Army Presidential Unit Citation, Navy Presidential Unit Citation, Meritorious Unit Citation etc. do not have a medal associated with them as they are unit awards.Back to Top
I AM HAVING ISSUES ADDING PRODUCTS TO MY CART, IS THE WEBSITE BROKEN?
The website should work fine with the default settings on all major browsers. If you are experiencing problems adding products to your shopping cart, signing in or moving to checkout please try one of the following two solutions:
- Use a different internet browser. If necessary, download and install one of the following (free) browsers:
- Internet Explorer (Microsoft)
- Firefox (Mozilla)
- Chrome (Google)
- Safari (Apple)
- Reset your browser configuration settings. Following are instructions on how to reset Internet Explorer settings. Please note that you may need to press the “Alt” key to open the menu.
- Under the "Tools" menu click on "Internet Options".
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- Under the "Reset Internet Explorer settings" click the "Reset... " button.
If you have tried one of the proposed solutions and are still experiencing technical problems with vanguardmil.com please contact us at email@example.com.Back to Top